Last updated: 20th February 2023
· What is the warranty and how long does it last?
12 months from the date of purchase.
Suppose a manufacturing defect occurs in your Ooka device during the warranty period. In that case, we, as the manufacturer (and the guarantor) will replace the defective device with an equivalent item free of charge.
· Territorial scope
This warranty is only available to customers in the United Arab Emirates.
· Registering your device
You will need to register your device on ooka.com in order to make a warranty claim.
If you bought your Ooka device from ooka.com, we will automatically register your device as part of the checkout process.
Offline customers can register their devices by creating an account on ooka.com, clicking on “Register my device” and providing the information required. For example, we will need proof of purchase of your device and the serial number of your Ooka device.
Our Customer Services team is on hand to help them if you have any trouble registering your device.
· How to make a claim
If your device develops a fault, we would encourage you to first look for any obvious reasons for the fault and consult the user manual or the FAQ section on ooka.com.
If that doesn't resolve the issue, please contact our Customer Services team who will be happy to help. You can contact them by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Live Chat on the website.
Please be ready to quote your device’s serial number and the date of purchase when you contact us.
· What the warranty won’t cover
Please note that the warranty won’t cover defects due to:
- Normal wear and tear - including cosmetic damage such a chips, scratches or dents where the function of the product is unaffected)
- Improper or abusive handling
- Failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions of use
- Attempts to repair the product by yourself
- Accidental damage – for example, if you drop the device. You may find that this type of damage is covered by your household contents insurance policy if you have one
It also won’t cover:
- Repair costs caused by external factors such as fire, theft, and weather (including rain damage)
- Consumables such as batteries, fuses, light bulbs etc.
- If the product has been used commercially or for business purposes
- Any loss suffered as a result of not being able to use the product, or any loss over and above the purchase price of the original item
- Servicing, inspecting or cleaning of the product,
- Your legal rights. This warranty does not affect your statutory rights but rather extends them.